Saturday, March 12, 2016

I might've figured it out, finally.

As I had said previously, I wanted a story that had to do with nature, discovery and/or survival, but didn't have any clear ideas. What I've come to is this: the story I believe I'm going to create is one in which the setting takes place some time in the future, where everybody is so fixated on their phones that there is absolutely no human interaction. However, the first scene would take place even further in the future (foreshadowing) where the character in the story is somehow placed in one of the only areas with nature left in the world, and he is realizing what beauty there is in life outside technology. This scene from the future would actually occur later in the film, which gives away some of the plot in the opening. After realizing his surroundings and the uniqueness of the situation, I was thinking of using a parallelism editing technique, where the character would act in a certain way, and the scene cuts back to a scene of the "present" with the main character doing the same action so the scenes could connect. This editing technique is one of five editing techniques that are highly praised in the film industry. If you want to know more, check out the video on Vimeo.

Other than that parallelism technique, I have other shots in mind that I'd like to incorporate into my film opening. For the first shot, (after maybe the title) I was thinking of a black screen with a fade into only the eyes of the main character. He would then continue to begin to wake up and realize where he is. As he would look around, a point of view shot would be used as he's analyzing where he is, and the shots would be in shallow focus to indicate the confusion and the fact that he's just waking up. That's what I have so far, but I'll think of more shots I could incorporate later in the week. I hope to be finished with my storyboard by next week so I can get to filming! 

Exciting stuff soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment