Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Hey, my name is Issac Quevedo, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point. Here I am, supposed to be in the process of creating an amazing film opening for all of the world to see (well, maybe not ALL of the world), yet I don't even know where to start. There are some ideas of the types of shots I would create within certain genres, however I have not decided on the genre.  At the moment, I am thinking of creating either some sort of drama/love story or a survival story (which, I know, are two completely different genres), but this could all change as time goes on. I am also beginning to truly realize how many sub-genres there are, even just in the realm of drama and action. I mean, just look for yourself





I've also been looking at videos with examples of very well put together film openings, both with and without credits. At the moment, I'm leaning towards creating a film opening without credits for two reasons. One, I believe there aren't enough people in the process of creating this opening, and the credits would pretty much just be my name and the one or two actors I use, which, to me, isn't very realistic in the movie making world. Two, for the openings I have in mind, the credits would just distract the viewer from the message I am attempting to portray, therefore I would probably only have the title of the film in the opening, if even that. However, again, I understand all this could change as I keep thinking of more ideas.

Let's just hope all these ideas floating around eventually come together to form what I hope to be an impactful story.



Works Cited

"Infographic: The Complete List of Film Sub-Genres." December 26, 2011. Accessed March 09, 2016. http://tdylf.com/2011/12/26/infographic-the-complete-list-of-film-sub-genres/.




No comments:

Post a Comment