Saturday, March 26, 2016

Back from the dead.

So, I've been on vacation this whole week without internet access, which is why I haven't been able to reach out and post anything. However, lucky for you, I've written a few blog posts that I've managed to save, and will be able to finally share them here. Here's the first of them:

So much pressure!

Time keeps moving forward, putting pressure on me to think of a solid idea, but with the help of friends and the environment I'm in, I know what my opening sequence is going to be about. My opening is going to be about a blind girl. The girl is very frustrated with her disability and doesn't understand why she was cursed with such a huge obstacle. In the movie, she somehow manages to get lost in the forest, and comes close to dying. However, she eventually learns to deal with her disability and finds a way to use her other senses to find her way out. This discovery not only helps her find her way out of the forest, but it helps her to realize that her blindness shouldn't have to be as big of an obstacle as she makes it out to be. She begins to appreciate her surroundings in a way she thought wasn't possible before, and through her journey in the forest, although starving, tired, and ill, she actually embraces the forces of nature and realizes the beauty of her situation.

I am currently staying in a villa out in the middle of the jungle in Puerto Rico, and although it is hard for me to work on this film while I am here, it has given me inspiration. There are so many different sounds (birds, frogs, dogs, wind, etc.) and beautiful views all around me that allowed me to come up with the topic of my film, and I am grateful. I am going to begin recording different sounds for the film that I could use and am going to explore the area a bit to get ideas for the specific shots I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment