Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sleepy editing.

After finally filming everything I needed, it was time to get editing. The day after I filmed I spent the whole night putting shots together and adjusting them. Through the editing process, I wanted to get the whole beginning of the sequence to be overexposed, as if it were a dream. This effect will be to try to emphasize the fact that it is not in the present (the foreshadowing I wanted). I also had to crop clips and make them smoother. All these adjustments took a very long time since my computer is a bit old for the software, but I wanted to finish. Once I get in the editing zone, it's hard to get out, and I wanted to finish as much as possible to get it out of the way with and have some peers review it. I was very happy with how it was turning out, especially in comparison to the previous edit. I added transitions, and tried to keep trimming to get under 2 minutes. Sound was also a huge deal since it played such an important role in an opening about a blind girl. I had to constantly adjust the volume and make sure everything flowed smoothly, while still allowing the audience to understand her sensitivity to these sounds. I looked for sound effects all over, but the most useful was Youtube Audio Library, where they have royalty free music, and LOTS of it. I was very thankful for the friend who recommended the website to me, for if not I would have had trouble getting everything right. I finally reached my goal around 2 am, and although I knew it was still a rough draft, everything was coming into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment