Saturday, April 2, 2016

Need to catch up, research in the mean time.

I've been wanting to film these past few days, the problem is my actress has had something come up every time we plan to film, so it hasn't happened. This is a huge problem because I basically need to reshoot everything I did beforehand since I did not like how they came out at all. There was no continuity in the sequence and my actress did not look blind at all. The situation is not looking good because I know editing will be a huge hassle and will take some time. Plus I still need to do the critical reflection, which will also take time. All this needs to get done in the next few days because the project's due in about a week.

Trying not to think about all of this, I decided to take the recommendation of a friend of mine and see a Brazilian film called "The Way He Looks". The film is about a blind kid who struggles with finding out who he is, which is great because in my opening I need to show a bit of this struggle. This also helped me with the look of a blind person and how he/she must walk. I will need to tell my actress these techniques to make it look as realistic as possible. Lastly, I watched this video on In-Camera Color Correcting, which I will incorporate to make the beginning of my opening seem surreal. The person in the video talks about how you can adjust contrast, color, and other factors to make the film look the way you want and not have to do it when editing, which is very useful. I will try to make use of this, that is, if I actually manage to film...



Devingraham. "Color Correcting In Camera Tutorial! Picture Style!" YouTube. March 30, 2016. Accessed April 03, 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md3m_QbuSc0.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so to begin I wanted to say how much I absolutely LOVE the idea of your project! Highlighting disability awareness is a BIG deal, and a very admirable subject to cover. Your writing flows really nicely, and your personality is very prominent. I just have a few suggestions for your project. To begin, make sure all of your research is correct and true to the blind community. Having knowledge on how a blind person behaves, walks, speaks, everything, is really important. Also, sharing this research with your actress will definitely help with authenticity. Lastly, if your having trouble with IMOVIE maybe switch editing software. There is a really great PC version of final cut pro that has a 30 day trial. I would definitely give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete