Thursday, April 7, 2016

Peer criticism is much needed.

After creating the "rough draft", I showed it to a few of my peers in class. They said I needed to trim the clips a bit more and let me know how I could fix the visuals. I then reviewed the film myself and realized it wasn't exactly how I wanted to be. One of the biggest problems was the sound. I wanted to find a song that could match up with the high-pitched sound when the opening makes the parallel quote. After searching for a while, I found one that kind of matched up and stayed with the tone of the film. I had to fix some transitions because they were either a bit too jumpy or too slow. Once I solved those 2 problems the film really started coming together. I also thought of the name I wanted to title it: "The Loud Things We See." It took me a while to find the right font since I wanted something very light, but I eventually came across the perfect one. Lastly, I created the very beginning of the opening by creating a graphic on a website called Canva. On the graphic I established my own production company called I.Q. Productions. This gave the film more of a professional tone. After the creation of the graphic, I reviewed everything and was happy with it. I am now finally done with my opening, and although it's not perfect, I feel as though I did very well in the time allotted, especially for a beginner film-maker. I hope this will lead to many great things in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment